Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hanna's birthday

Hanna turned nine yesterday and brought with it many changes. She told me she felt more "mature" now and that was helped by her new purse. Apparently having a purse makes her feel "like a woman." We took her to The Brick Oven for pizza because she knew she'd be sung to and get free ice-cream. How could the offspring of Ryan and I want to be sung to in a restaurant? Her birthday ended with a sleep over although two of the three girls couldn't sleep over. I got this weird vibe from them that maybe they weren't allowed to sleep over at our house. Whatever. Because one kid is a lot easier than three. Anyway, Hanna is a really special kid. She was as super hard baby and I don't think anyone in the house had a full night sleep until she was over a year old and by then I was pregnant with Grace. How we had the energy to get pregnant with Grace is a miracle in itself. She was "fussy" but also a lot of fun. When she was happy she was very happy and had a great laugh. She never wanted to be still which is why I think sleep was just a hassle for her. You can't move when you're sleeping! Now she has turned into this fun, albeit sassy kid who seems to belong to another family if it weren't for the unmistakable family sarcasm. I'm glad she is a part of our family because she definitely keeps things lively.

This was at Hanna's first birthday. She cried after we sang Happy Birthday to her. How things have changed.

Hanna can be very naughty. She blamed it on Sock Monkey.

But she is very willing to help and likes to clean.

Hanna likes to be silly and she likes her dad.

Hanna loves Grace and is a good big sister. She also likes to be in the water.

She has big blue eyes and is happy most of the time.

She slept the first week or so and then the fun began. A rare moment of peacefulness captured. She now sleeps like a champ.

Hanna liked to put things on her head but she especially loved this bucket. We called her "buckethead."

Hanna on her ninth birthday. She's still a very happy kid but oh so silly.

11 comments:

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I always knew those Sock Monkeys were trouble. I am so glad we never got tricked into owning one.

Happy Birthday Hanna!!!! You are a true Blessing of a daughter to your mom.

Anonymous said...

Hanna has changed a lot in 9 years. I never was around much during the crying year. She seemed quite happy most of the time as I remember.
Happy Birthday Hanna and I love your new hair cut. Did you get some bangs like you wanted? Gram

Anonymous said...

Such a cute baby! She was so little and tiny. I love the sleeping on with her on the bed all tucked up in a ball. One question...how did she get a role ot toliet paper in her crib?

Monti said...

Happy Birthday Hanna!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday to Hanna!!
She is beautiful, inside and out.

Susan said...

Oh, it doesn't seem like is should be that long ago when they were little babies.

Shea said...

Susan I came across of picture of Hanna, Analise and Eden (wasn't that Kiersten's daughter's name?) at your house in Provo. They were so cute!

noelle said...

Very sweet pics - I especially like the one with the red and white gingham.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Hanna!

Ter said...

Happy Birthday, Hanna!

Anonymous said...

Hannas such a cute girl. Hope your birthday was fun, but am sad to lose her in activity days.
Tisa