Monday, June 09, 2008

Snoop Dog! You need to get yourself a jobby job!

I got myself a jobby job today. I hope I'm not writing prematurely about this but I think it's pretty much in the bag. I'm going to be teaching summer school for three weeks starting June 23rd. I got the call today and it sounds like I'll be in charge of three kindergarten children in a combined class that includes eight grade one students. He asked me if I wanted to teach kindergarten alone but since I've been out of the teaching loop for 9+ years, I decided it would be better to be in a combined classroom. The exciting news is that I'm actually making a decent wage. Ryan's mom has kindly agreed to watch the girls for me while I'm working which is from 9-12 each day. I was going to sign them up for one of the town day camps but the only one they had when I was working was "Hooray for the USA!". You know how I feel about any sort of patriotism toward the United States. Just kidding, I'll probably let them go.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats, Shea. That is great. The hours sound perfect. Best of Luck!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Congrats Shea thats such good news!!!

Ter said...

They have summer school for kindergarten students where you live?! Wow.

But congrats on getting the job and wishing you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Shea and the USA! That job sounds good. Did I tell you about the cooking summer camp that Ethan is interested in? Beth is thinking percussion lessons. I don't know - we'll see.
When does the job start? Good luck.
Becky

Lori-Ann said...

Congratulations Shea! Sounds like a great set up and how perfect that the kids will be with their grandmother. WTG!

Susan said...

Congrats on the new job this summer! What's going to happen once school starts in the fall?