Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm working!

I have an hour of prep time each morning before my students come. I usually use up the whole hour preparing for the day but I was so well prepared this morning that I find myself with nothing to do. Okay I could be planning for tomorrow but the computer was calling my name. Teaching is going okay. I'm feeling at a bit of a disadvantage because I haven't been teaching kindergarten all year. So far I've had help from the internet and Gwen who is my neighbor and also a kindergarten teacher, plus the previous occupant of the room I'm using. My students are easy going except the one little boy who I described to my mom as "having ants in his pants". He's also a nosepicker/eater but otherwise he's a nice kid who listens and seems to like coming. I have to develop a stronger tolerance for stinkiness and dirtiness if I want to make it in this profession. I admit I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I first saw him picking and eating his boogers. One little girl covers her ears when we sing, which I find a bit unsettling but it could be worse. I've already made my first "summer working money" purchase. I found a Wii at Walmart and decided this was what we all needed. My dad is pitching in for it as a gift to the girls. My next purchase will be Guitar Hero so I can feed my addiction at home. I think Rock Band looks fun but Ryan has no desire. I told him it would be fun to come up with our family band name and he suggested something like "Reluctant Father".

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Shea,
Glad school's going OK. We have a Wii! (imagine that-- with 4 boys!) They love Guitar Hero and I really like Wii fit. I've been trying to do yoga on the Wii--my boys think it's hilarious! Gwen

Monti said...

Hey, don't forget to register your Wii at: www.nintendo.com/productreg

You'll need the SN which should be printed somewhere on the outside of your box.

You get an extra 6 months warranty.

We saw "WALL-E" last night. It was really good. There were a couple of funny inside jokes for cool Mac users like us!

Shea said...

Good to know. Maybe I'll take the kids to Wall-e on Monday.