Saturday, June 14, 2008

Everything is coming up Van Fleet!

The Utah Highway Patrol Association banquet was on Wednesday and Ryan and I always like to go. It's usually good food but the main draw is the door prizes at the end. Of course they put them at the end of the program so no one leaves because we all think we're going to win the $1000 Sig Sauer pistol. Unfortunately Ryan and I usually win the $10 cloth cooler, the Highway Patrol DVD (whaa?) or nothing. Ryan's mom once won a night in Cedar City and tickets to the Shakespearean Festival which she kindly gave to us but that doesn't really count because we didn't win it. This years banquet was extra boring and long so I was really hoping we would win something that would make the evening worthwhile. They always start with the lame prizes (golf balls etc) and then work their way up the the good ones. I had my eye on a weed whacker but it came and went without my number being called. We were down to the last three prizes and Ryan and I had won nothing. Let me set this up for you. Usually when your number gets called, you raise your hand quietly and someone brings you your prize. It's all very civilized for a cop party. They announce that they are now drawing for a $300 shotgun from Cabela's but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the whole thing so I'm not even really listening. They then read "621" and I realized this is Ryan's number. Both Ryan and I jump up, yell "YES!" and then I yell "THE VAN FLEET CURSE IS FINALLY BROKEN!" So we livened things up a bit and the long, boring night was saved. Ryan found out that we could use the gift card for anything at Cabela's and since he already has a nice shotgun, he used it to buy a tent and a GPS system for our car. So happy Father's Day to Ryan.

Our new tent that will actually fit all of us. Ryan and the girls slept out in the backyard last night and liked it. Dad your order wasn't there yet. Also Dad we don't have any pads to sleep on. *hint hint*

Hanna is into making collages and these are two she made today. I find the Heath Ledger as "The Joker" one kind of disturbing. Strange kid but she just may be an artistic genius.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought from your title that you had sold your house. How did the realtor walk-through go?
So where are you going camping? Any outings planned? When are you guys planning to come up this summer? I tentatively booked off the thurs and fri before Magrath days. Talk to you later.
BEcky

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I say you have her sign those art works and list them in the Esty shop or ebay. I bet someone buys them. They are better than anything i could make.

I am glad the Van Fleets won, it is about time.

Anonymous said...

Save the best for last,huh.

The first picture is a little creepy but the second one is actually really cool.
-Tisa

Nicole said...

Congrats on your win!
I agree that the first collage is a little creepy but the second is pretty cool!

Melissa Miller said...

Tisa told me her blog name today, but I forgot it....so, what is it again?

Lori-Ann said...

Congrats Shea- very exciting win at the banquet- at least you made it exciting. Very "interesting" collages. lol!